Carrots are a rich source of numerous nutrients such as vitamin A, B & C and other minerals. Drinking Carrot juice is a habit that everyone should adopt because it is not only healthy but delicious too. Like I already mentioned Carrot juice produces Vitamin A which is extremely important for eye health. It is also very beneficial for liver as Vitamin A has cleansing effects; it reduces fat in the liver. Carrot juice plays a vital role in prenatal health too. And this is just for starters; carrots are loaded with million other benefits.
Usually it is said that veggies are best eaten without processing, but opposite is the case with carrots. Carrots when cooked in oil or fats, or pureed or juiced increases the availability of Carotenoids by 600%. So drinking carrot juice or soup might be a better option than eating them raw.
Carrot Juice Benefits:
Now there is a million other carrot juice benefits and below represent some of the most beneficial and useful information about carrot juice benefits:
Carrot Benefits :
#1 Heart Healthy
The beta-carotenoids when enters the body changes into Vitamin A, which controls heart diseases. Carrots are shown to reduce Coronary Heart disease by 32%. Also it has been shown to reduce the risk of heart diseases in women
#2 Clots Blood and promotes Healing
As carrots contain Vitamin K, it aids in clotting blood. And the Vitamin C present promotes healing of the wounds and also keeps the gums healthy.
#3 Maintains Cholesterol
Carrots contain potassium, which the cholesterol of the body. It is also very good for the liver as it reduces fat and bile in it. And along with manganese and magnesium, stabilizes blood sugar level, keeping diabetes at bay.
#4 Detoxifies Liver
Toxins accumulated in the liver cannot be released through the kidneys by the bloodstream. So when carrot juice is taken, these toxins are released from the system and excreted. Thus the carrot juice ensures fat and bile is removed from the liver. And this prevents the accumulation of fats which further prevents weight gain.
#5 Stimulates Appetite
When Carrot juice consumed around 20 minutes prior to your dinner, it’ll help stimulate the secretion of digestive juices. Thus serving as a great appetizer for the meal.
#6 Improves Digestion
Fibers play an important role in digestion. And Carrots are loaded with fibers, which promotes healthy digestion. It also keep us full for longer.
#7 Prevents Infection
The beta-carotenoids make it Vitamin A rich, which keeps the lining of the internal organs healthy. This prevents it from being infected by pathogenic organisms.
#8 Prenatal Health
Carrot juice is extremely beneficial for prenatal Health too as the beta keratin that forms the Vitamins are very healthy for the mother as well as the child.
#9 Protects your lungs
Drinking carrot juice protects our lungs and respiratory system from infection
**Did you know Carrots are the second most popular vegetable after Potatoes?
Benefits of Carrot Juice:
#10 Improves Eyesight
The beta-carotene and Lutein present in carrots helps improve eyesight. These compound are concentrated in the retina of your eyes. So a regular consumption of carrot juice can improve eyesight.
#11 Good for Skin
The potassium present in carrot juice reduces dryness of skin. It also reduces scars and blemishes. And it keeps the skin hydrated thus keeping your skin moisturizer. Carrot juice also contains essential oils which prevents acne by removing the toxins from your body. As it is loaded with essential vitamins, it keeps the skin problems such as eczema at bay.
#12 Slows down Aging
The beta carotenoids present in carrot juice when enters the body converts into Vitamin A, which reduces cell regeneration and thus slows down aging of the skin. It also boosts the amount of collagen in the skin which maintains the elasticity of the skin. Further it prevents visibility of fine lines, aging of the skin and wrinkles.
#13 Prevents Cancer
Juicing the carrots increases the availability of carotenoids which plays a vital role in decreasing instances of bladder, prostate, colon and breast cancer.
#14 Prevents Sun Burns
The Beta-carotenoids is not only beneficial for your body, it also helps in photosynthesis in plants. So when it enters your body it reduces sun burns to your skin by increasing the skin’s resistance towards sun damage.
How to Make Carrot Juice :
It’s as easy as it could get. Just take a few carrots. Wash them under running water thoroughly. Peel them to remove any dirt. Cut a small piece from both the ends. Now you can either use a juicer or a blender. If you’re using a blender, you’re going to have to put a little effort. After blending them you can either drink it along with the pulp or strain it and then drink it.
Now you could add a few other ingredients to enhance the taste and benefits. So mentioned below are some of the options that you can try:
Ginger and Apple Carrot Juice:
Add half a tablespoon of ginger or a small cube of it in a blender. Along with that, add two medium-sized apple cut up in slices. Now chop up about 8 carrots and blend it well until it all comes in pulp.
Now you can use a large strainer and strain the pulp and extract the last drop of the juice.
Spinach Carrot Juice:
Along with 4 large carrots, add about a bowl full of spinach leaves. Make sure to wash and clean the leaves well before putting it in the blender. Now just drink up or strain it like usual.
Classic Apple Carrot Juice- Slice up 22 apples and remove the seeds.
Clean and peel 4 medium-sized carrots. Put them in a blender and blend until they form a pulp. Now serve it with some ice. It’s an amazing drink for summers.
Orange Carrot Juice
Peel 3 oranges and juice them. Now add 4 carrots, peeled. Juice that too. Serve it chilled for cooling effect.
A little trivia
There are over 100 species of carrots. They come in different sizes as well as in different colors including orange, purple, yellow, red and white.
Carrot juice recipe :
Sweetened Carrot Juice
You will need:
- 4 Carrots
- Half teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- Half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Condensed milk
- Take 4 medium-sized carrots. Wash them thoroughly and peel them. Now put it in a blender and blend on high for a few minutes.
- Take a container and put a large sieve and strain the juice really well.
- Now add nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Now its time for condensed milk. Add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk and stir really well. Now don’t go crazy with it. 2 tablespoons are enough.
- It’ll taste best when served chilled.
Carrot and Cumin Dip
You will need:
- 8 Carrots
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots. Chop them roughly into large pieces.
- Cook the carrots in water for about 20 minutes. Bring the water to a boil and them cook them on simmer.
- After cooked, let them cool.
- Now take a food processor, add the carrots, cumin, garlic and blend until smooth. Then add salt and pepper for taste
- Serve the delicious carrot cumin dip with bread.
Carrot and Orange soup
You will need:
- One small onion
- 8 Carrots
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Half an orange
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Heat a saucepan and add a tablespoon of oil. Now add the onion chopped in dices. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Then add the carrot cut into small pieces. Stir occasionally to avoid burning of the veggies. Cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Now peel two strips of rind from the orange and make sure to avoid the white part as it would turn bitter.
- Now cook on simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the carrots become tender.
- Now remove from heat and use a hand blender to puree until smooth.
- Then juice the orange and add it into the soup.
- Then place it on heat and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle parsley and serve hot.
So with these lip smacking recipes, carrots are not only healthy but very appetizing. So try to include it in your diet one way or another. And remember drinking carrot juice is always better than eating raw carrots as it increases the amount of carotenoids. So ensure that you drink carrot juice or soup every day for healthy body as well as healthy & glowing skin.