Modern fashion has made hairstyles and hairstyling a major part of one’s look. Colored and styled hair is in fashion nowadays. You might have seen Katy Perry’s blue hair, and We’re sure some of you must be planning to try it for yourselves. Also there’s forever trendy ombre hair, highlights, lowlights, or turning the lights off and dying it blonde!
So, keeping up with these latest hair trends will leave your hair in distress if you don’t give some extra attention to it. While you can experiments with new things, at the same time you need to feed your hair with proteins. Either you’re curling them, perming them or straightening them, you’re stripping your hair of its natural oils. So to maintain your Happy Hair, you need to give them something extra. So read on to know some of the Hair Treatment For Damaged Hair :
Hair Treatment For Damaged Hair :
Here are some of the most effective easy hair packs and treatment to treat damaged or treated hair.
- Avocado Pack– Avocados are rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids that your hair desperately need. This pack will leave your hair shiny and lustrous. Used regularly, it’ll eventually treat your damaged hair.
Here’s how to do it: Remove the pit of an avocado and mash it using a fork. Now crack open an egg and mix it with the avocado. Slightly dampen your hair and apply this mixture from roots to ends. Put on a shower cap and leave it for at least 20 minutes. If you want the smell to be gone immediately, use a mild shampoo after. You could also use avocado with olive oil if you’re worried about the smell.
- Egg Pack– This pack will work wonders on your damaged limp hair. It’ll make them shinier and reduce the damage.
Here’s how to do it: Crack open 1-2 eggs depending on your hair length. Add 2 tablespoons of lukewarm oil. You could use any oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil etc. make sure the oil isn’t too hot or it’ll end your cooking the eggs. Whisk it with a fork until it’s frothy. Apply it from roots to the ends and cover it. Don’t let it dry completely. Wash it off with plain cold water when it’s about 70% dry. Let your hair air dry. Now oil your hair generously and shampoo and condition your hair the next day.
- Quick fix– This will come in handy when you’re too lazy to whip up a hair pack, also your hair feels too damaged.
Here’s how to do it: take an egg and mix it with a dime sized amount of your shampoo. Now apply with all over your hair and massage your scalp gently. Leave it on for fiev minutes and wash it off. After this you won’t need a conditioner as egg is a natural conditioner.
- Deep Conditioning Pack: Do this every once in 15-20 days. It’ll nourish your hair. Eventually your hair will feel healthier and smoother. Do this on weekends as it takes time to get this pack out from your hair.
Here’s how to do it: Add two tablespoons of henna to an egg, yogurt, mayonnaise and coconut milk (optional) to make a paste. You could use eggs or mayo or both. This mixture should suffice for medium length hair. You could add less or more depending on your hair length. Now section your hair and apply this mixture from roots to the ends. When you’re done applying it, roll it in a top knot. Leave it on for a minimum of 2 hours. Now wash it off with lukewarm water. Let it air dry and when it’s completely dry, heat some olive oil in the microwave. Massage it on your scalp and o the ends. Leave it on overnight. Shampoo and condition as usual the next day.
- Beat the frizz with Olive Oil– hair follicles are the part on your scalp from where the hair growth originates. Massaging your hair follicles promotes hair growth. And olive oil puts the moisture back into dry frizzy hair.
Here’s how to do it: Warm half a cup of olive oil in a microwave. Before applying it, check if it’s not boiling hot. Now section your hair and start with your roots and slowly work your way down. Put a little on your ends. Massage your scalp for about 20 minutes. Make sure all your hair is drenched with it. It’ll work the best if you leave it overnight. Then shampoo and condition the next day.
- Banana Pack– this pack will give you bouncy hair. It’ll help you get rid of any dirt or impurities accumulated on your scalp or hair. You hair will become shiny instantly after this pack.
Here’s how to do it: put in a blender, a banana, a few tablespoons of milk, and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend it well to make a fine paste; you don’t want chunks of banana stuck in your hair. Now apply it all over your hair. Rinse it with cold water after an hour. You could use a mild shampoo if you want or not. It works fine either ways. Air dry and you’ll be left with shinier and smoother hair.
- Tea Rinse -To give a natural shine to dry hair, use a quart of warm, unsweetened tea (freshly brewed or instant) as a final rinse after you shampoo your hair. It’ll act as a conditioner and enhancer to your hair color. But make sure to use a tea that works with your hair color.
- Natural Conditioner– This conditioner will instantly give you shinier hair. You could do this every once in a week.
Here’s how to do it: Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, two tablespoons of olive oil and 2 egg whites depending on your hair length. Mix it well. Apply this mixture all over your hair and focus on your ends. Keep it on for 30 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water. Prefer not to use a shampoo afterwards.
Tips to prevent/get rid of damaged hair:
- Let your hair loose- If you constantly wear your hair in a pony, once in a while, leave your hair open. Don’t tug your hair. And change partings in your hair every once in a while.
- Heatless Hairstyles-If your hair is really damaged, stop using heat on your hair altogether. Instead use some overnight hairstyles on damp hair. Braid your damp hair and leave it overnight to get beachy waves.
- Split Ends-There’s nothing that can treat your split ends. The only shot you have to get rid of them is by cutting them. If you’re afraid your hair stylist will cut a lot of your hair, and then do it yourself. Get a small scissor and twist your hair at the ends.
- Take supplements. Eat omges-3s capsules regularly. You could also take flaxseed oil, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega is said to promote hair growth. Your hair quality will eventually improve as it will keep your hair moisturized. It is also great for your nails.
- Reduce washing your hair to 2-3 times a week. Washing your hair frequently will strip your hair of all the natural oils and leave your hair all dry and frizzy.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your hair. Shampoo your hair in lukewarm water. This will open your pores and remove all the dirt and impurities from the roots of your hair. Now condition your hair, leave it on for a few minutes. Wash it with cold water to close your pores.
- If your hair is prone to dandruff and you have itchy scalp, then after you shampoo your hair, rinse your scalp lemon juice and apple cider vinegar diluted in a mug of water.
- Follow a healthy food regime. Include vitamins and minerals in your diet. A balanced diet will show on your hair. Also give your hair some rest. Sleep a minimum of 6 hours every night.
- Don’t use a blow drier every day. When you get out of the shower, use a soft towel to soak up the dripping water from your hair. Now don’t rub your hair, gently squeeze it using a towel. Pick your outfit for the day, do your makeup first while your hair naturally dries. Now if you’re in a hurry, blow dry your hair up to the point when it’s 70% dry.
- If you’re too lazy to follow these recipes, just whip an egg and cover your hair with it. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Don’t over brush your hair. It is believed by a lot of people that brushing your hair will promote hair growth. Now it’s not entirely true. If you over brush your hair, your hair follicles will become weak and you will notice some falling out.
- Oil your hair regularly. Coconut oil works the best and is odorless. You could also add castor oil as it is said to promote hair growth. You could also use it directly on your roots but it has a thick consistency, so you need carrier oil.
- With the natural remedies, you won’t be able to see the results overnight. So be patient because, ultimately, natural remedies work the best.